- The successful candidate will be part of our PC/PLC software team to support the project design and development, installation, commissioning and upgrading of factory automation equipment and other machine assemblies for customers in the various industries.
- Design and implement control programs specific to customers and project requirements. Assignments may involve C# and PLC programming separately or in combination.
- He / She will be involved in each phase of the PC/PLC software development process right up to equipment buy-off including post technical support.
- To assist in planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing projects in timely manner to ensure schedules and customers’ requirements are met.
- Consults with customers and/or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Utilizes PC/PLC to develop control signals, implement control algorithms and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures and positions.
- Design and develop PC/PLC software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- Writes application software to
– Monitor equipment status, operation, and function
– Ensure system operates in conformance with specifications
– Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Consults with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
- Provides technical support and instruction to staff and customers regarding software standards and troubleshooting
- Develops detailed design for machines’ HMI / UI.
- Writes technical reports, manuals and technical support documentation.
- Provide technical support and instruction to staff and customers regarding electrical equipment standards and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for any other role as assigned by the Supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Mechatronics, Technology, Computer Science or an equivalent degree in a related technical field.
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplined project teams, in an automation or system integration environment with exposure across various industries.
- Well-versed in MS C# software design.
- Knowledge in software and hardware design specializing in PLC programming preferably on Allen Bradley, Omron and BeckHoff.
- Ability to work independently in designing and liaising with customers on technical specifications and requirements.
- Possess an excellent manufacturing or process engineering background, a superior mechanical aptitude and proven trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge of MES.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent project management ability.